Monday, April 4, 2011

4/4/2011 Not a Plane, Not a Train, Not a Car….

We’re leavin’ in a truck pulling an Rv.


Everything was put away, slides were in and Bob was putting the sewer hose away and coiling the electric line.


I had one last chore to take care of in the office. My sewer/water/utility,,,whatever bill had to be paid before we left. It isn’t due until something like the 23rd but I didn’t want to take the chance of forgetting it or paying it late. As much as it killed me to lose that half a cent in interest I paid it.


On the way to office I saw a small crowd gathering by Bill and Pat Turner’s park model. They had a cactus with double blooms and since these are only to bloom TODAY I had to go get my camera.


IMG_8012


These flowers are probably as big as a large saucer. Just beautiful!


So pictures taken it was on to the office.


I finished my business and out I went. I walked by the pool to say so long to all of those doing their water aerobics. Marilyn wanted a hug but I was too afraid she would pull me in. She’s ornery like that but such a nice lady and lots of fun!


When I got back to the rig we were all hooked up and ready to go.


We don’t have far to go today, only about two hours of driving. We’re going to get some minor warranty work done near Sierra Vista.


So once again we say so long to our winter roost.


Our view from I-10 heading east.


IMG_8013


Mostly what we see now is shades of brown and I’m looking forward to lots of green!


IMG_8015


So two hours or so later we pulled into RV City.


IMG_8016


Imagine our surprise when the service manager told us he couldn’t even look at our minor problems until a week from tomorrow!


Luckily, we were 30 minutes away from Fort Huachuca.(WaChewKa)


IMG_8017


We could only hope that they had a space available for us. We were pretty sure they would since the “season” was pretty much over. I went in to make arrangements for a site and told the lady how long I needed it for and she replied, “Oh no, let me see what I can do here.” She had spaces available but they were reserved within the next few days. She did some shifting around to open a space for a week and got us in. Our military campground book listed this place for $13.00 a night but we need a new book. We’re staying for $15.00 a night including electric, sewer, water, cable TV, large cement pad and patio, picnic table and grill. Let’s not forget laundry for a dollar per wash and seventy five cents for drying. Not a bad deal at all.


This was the first chance Bob got to try his electric tester. I’m sure it has another name but I don’t know what it is. This will tell us right at the pole if the electric is on and how many amps its pulling. I think that’s what it does anyway.


IMG_8018


A closer look.


IMG_8019


So we’re here for the week. We’ll see what’s in the area to go visit and we did some signs for on post museums. I’m sure we’ll keep busy.

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

Trichocereus. Beautiful white flowers. There's also pink and yellow and red, even. Gorgeous.