Sunday, April 3, 2011

4/3/2011 Up and At Em’ Early Today

Just a little after seven and I was already washing what clothes we had left in the laundry bags and all the throw rugs around the house. I knew if I wanted a chance to visit friends today I was going to have to get an early start.


Bob is nearly done all he has to do. Front wheels have been taken off our bikes and have been put in the basement ready to come out again when we reach Nebraska.


Bubble wrap has been put in between plates and glass bowls and the kitchen has been declared off limits.


This afternoon brought a get together at our friends Bob and Karen Fischer’s. They bought a park model this year and took possession of it just recently. Quite a few were there so we were able to say “So long, cya next fall” to a lot of our friends at once.


One family stopped by that is leaving the park permanently. The park manager’s daughter and her family are moving back to ….. West Virginia I think. They spent lots and lots of time in the park while they lived close by. Everyone got to meet and know their two kids. A young teen girl and sweet, lovable boy around ten years old. I got a big hug from their young daughter and I felt privileged because I took note that not many hugs were given out. Just a few and I was one of them.


I didn’t take my camera to this get together and I felt practically naked since I am seldom without it when in the park.


Soon it was time to take our leave as I had one last night of Mexican Train and Hand & Foot scheduled. Yep, the season is coming to an end.


Tomorrow we are on the road again.

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

I want to learn how to play Hand and Foot. Is it fun?