Tuesday, June 21, 2011

6/21/2011 We Have a Garden…Almost

Bob was busy working on the house keeping up with maintenance things today since it was overcast and cloudy with a chill in the air.


This afternoon I took a ride into to town with Shari and while running errands we stopped at Lowe’s. There were some things in the garden department I wanted to pick up. Namely, veggie plants.


I bought a Better Boy tomato plant that was pretty big to begin with, a cherry tomato plant and two cayenne pepper plants.


Two weeks ago I bought two flower boxes and planted radishes and butter head lettuce.


IMG_8590


My lettuce is just starting to peek through.


IMG_8591


I just love fresh picked tomatoes!


IMG_8588


Yep, its got tomatoes on it already!


IMG_8589


Our cherry tomato and pepper plants.


IMG_8587


I’ll plant them all in five gallon buckets, or larger if there is such a thing. Lowe’s had buckets but they were still in storage and I couldn’t wait for them to get them out. The plants are fine in these containers for the time being so I’ll get them the next time we go to town.

No comments: