Tuesday, June 7, 2011

6/72011 Just the Nicest People in South Dakota

Bob and I have met nice people all over these United States. Everywhere we go we meet people who are pleasant, helpful, courteous and many who become friends and some even really, really good friends! That being said, I’m here to tell you that South Dakota is no exception.


When I go into the post office just outside the main gate I’m greeted with, “Hi Mrs. Quinn, how are you today?” Our bank has a branch outside of the main gate also and it’s the same thing there. Always greeted by name and drawn into a conversation about the what attraction we’ve seen or what we’re going to do on our next days off.


Today I went into the Commissary to pick up salad fixin’s for dinner. In the produce section I wasn’t really thrilled with the selection of green peppers they had. The employee in that department saw me looking through them and leave the bin without selecting one. Before I could leave the department this young fella called to me that he had a new crate in the back and would bring them out to restock and that I should stop back. Two aisles over I saw a woman with a huge binder filled with coupons and wondered if she was an extreme coupon-er. Figuring the only way to find out was to ask her, so I did. As it turns out she isn’t but does use them as much as she can. In fact, she had an abundance of $1.00 coupons for Tuscan butter which was on sale for 99 cents. She gave me four of her coupons so I stocked up on four tubs of Tuscan butter! (We had never had it before so we tried it on our dinner rolls,,,,YUM!) She also wrote down some web sites for me to visit to print coupons. Some I already knew of but she gave some me new ones.


At Michael’s hobby store I was buying something that was sixteen dollars and change. The cashier asked me if I had any coupons and when I told her no she gave me one for 40% off.


Everywhere we go people go out of their way to do for us, to make us feel welcome and are just plain really, REALLY nice!


Come to think of it, we’ve met some people in our travels as fulltimers who hail from this state and they too are just nice, nice people. Something in the water perhaps?


If it wasn’t for the brutal winter weather South Dakota would be a great place to live year round. Oh yeah, minus the wind.

No comments: