Tuesday, November 1, 2011

11/1/2011 I’m Going to be a Widow!

Yes, its true! I’m going to be a widow. The golf kind. Bob bought a set of golf clubs today and a new pool cue. He’s been talking about taking up golf again for some time now, although I don’t know if again is the right word since I haven’t known him to play in the 31 years we’ve been together. When we were home last summer my dad had given him a set of golf clubs that he no longer used but they weren’t really in the best of shape so Bob opted to just get a new set.


I’m glad he’s taking this hobby up as long as he doesn’t want me to do it with him. I’ll look forward the me time I’ll get while he’s out chasing that little white ball.


I’m also glad he’s taking this hobby up as long as he doesn’t want to play on any of these courses! (<<<click)


After our shopping excursion we met up with eight other for dinner at Joe’s Crab Shack.


IMG_9850


Bob and I picked the restaurant and we all agreed that we would go out for dinner the first and third Tuesday of each month with a different couple picking the restaurant each week.


Pat ordered a pretty blue drink called the Shark Attack complete with a vial of blood! See the shark on the side of the glass holding the vial of blood to be poured into the drink? Actually its grenadine and when she poured it into the drink I could hear the Jaws theme song playing in my head.


Shark Attack


Bob, Joy, DeWayne and Pat all got some of boil dinner and had to wear bibs.


IMG_9853


I ordered the crab cakes and they were to die for!


We had a great time with our old friends and the new ones we’ve made and we’re looking to many more dinners out.

No comments: