Tuesday, July 24, 2012

7/24/2012 Birthday Dinner

(Wilmington, DE)


We headed to Wilmington this morning even though we are only staying overnight for one night which is unusual for us. We always try to stay at least two.


Since Thursday is my birthday we made the trip up so that my parents could take us out to dinner to celebrate the occasion.


Our day started out with Mom and I getting in several games of Hand and Foot and Bob and Dad sitting on the front porch solving all the world’s problems while watching the day go by.


We had dinner at my favorite restaurant, Michael’s. As usual, I had the only thing I have ever eaten at this restaurant, the Crab Imperial. This restaurant has an extensive menu with seafood, steaks and a pasta dish or two and pork chops and then the nightly buffet. Nope, I’ve never had any of those things. The very first time I went there I ordered the Crab Imperial and it was made to perfection and I guess I figured why go with anything else. On the other hand, I don’t think Bob has ever had the same thing twice. They also have a salad bar that is to die for. Everything is always so fresh and crisp. Needless to say I enjoyed this birthday dinner immensely.


Back at home the guys settled in for some TV and Mom and I spent our evening at the kitchen table playing cards.


Before I close this,,,,Happy Birthday Gail!

1 comment:

Lynn Hubbard said...

Sorry I missed our birthday...but I did send Mick Jagger a card.........lol not really.