Thursday, July 26, 2012

7/26/12 Can’t Get Much More Late 50’s Than This!

I’m turning 59 today but not until 10:55 tonight. Got that? Not until 10:55 p.m.!


This is the last year I can say I’m a 50-something. As a rule, I’m not a real fan of birthdays but I have to say, I’m not real concerned about this one. I have to admit, this surprises me. Maybe its because this is the year I turn that all important half year mark of 59 1/2. That time when money that I have in a 401K becomes available. Not that there is all that much there but it will be available if I want it.


It was back to work for me today and I can honestly say I got a lot of reading done. There wasn’t much going on at the marina today.


When I got home from work I had the pleasure of reading lots of emails and Facebook messages sending birthday wishes my way. I heard from lots of great friends today.


I also didn’t have to cook! I didn’t want to go to a restaurant. We had just eaten in restaurants for the last three nights and that was enough for me. I was happy just to get subs from our favorite shop.


Yep a good birthday!

No comments: