Tuesday, July 3, 2012

7/3/2012 What a GREAT Day!

(Rehoboth Beach, DE)


I have been looking forward to this day so much!


I started it out with a run to the post office. The other day, as is usual, I took my camera to the marina with me. I set it on the seat next to me and thought I had the strap positioned under me. I didn’t. When I took off and rounded a corner out of the parking lot it slid across the vinyl seat and fell out of the cart and bounced a few times. I was just sick! I slammed on the brakes of the golf cart and jumped out praying that the camera would work. Well, it did, but I still had a problem. When I looked through the viewfinder I saw tons of black specs and they weren’t there prior to the fall. I opened the camera up and blew into it and that helped but just a tiny bit. I tried a Q-tip dipped in Windex on the mirrors. That didn’t work. I tried compressed air, that didn’t do anything. I finally called a camera shop in Wilmington and the fellow I talked with knew exactly what happened and assured me that it would be ok, I just had to get the camera professionally cleaned. Could he do it? YES! He would clean the camera and two lenses at a cost of $99. It’s been two years since I’ve had it cleaned anyway so I packed the camera up and shipped it to Wilmington to get it done.


At a little after eleven Susan arrived. You first met Susan HERE, She and her husband are in Delaware for two weeks. They live in Atlanta right now but still have homes in Newark and here at the beach, She’s doing great and we spent the day together on the beach. It was just like old times. We talked for hours, and laughed, and laughed some more. Our friendship has spanned 52 years now.


My biggest disappointment of the whole day? I didn’t have my camera for pictures and I never gave it a thought to use my phone since I have never taken one with it.


Hopefully I’ll see Susan at least one more time before she heads back to Atlanta.


Bob spent his day puttering around here and then took a ride down to the National Guard Training Center to catch up with some friends who still work there.


This afternoon as Susan and I were sitting at the picnic table at our place, friends Steve and Kerri arrived for a five day stay. The four of us sat for an hour together visiting and the Bob arrived.


Susan took her leave, the four of us decided on Capriotti’s for dinner and a sandwich run was made.


Yep, a pretty great day!

1 comment:

valerie said...

oh snookie-your camera!!! it is always with you! are you having withdrawals????