Friday, July 27, 2012

7/26/2012 A First For Me

The marina wasn’t all that busy today, at least not for my shift. The high tide fell within Bob’s time at the marina so of course he got real busy two hours prior.


I did something this afternoon I’ve never, ever done before. I got a pedicure.


IMG_2827


I would never do this because I thought it would tickle. It didn’t. I cannot believe I have gone all these years and not done this. Turns out….I loved it!


The occasion that brought this on? A beach wedding tomorrow. Since we’re all supposed to wear shorts and tops and flip flops or sandals I thought it was time.


So my friend Cindy and I went together to get mani/pedi’s. The color? OPI’s - I Eat Maine-ly Lobster.


When Bob got home from the marina we hightailed it over to the local VFW club. This is where the wedding will take place tomorrow and we went to help decorate and set up as much as we could.


As it turned out we couldn’t do too much because a dinner was being held and the lodge had plans of doing the floors in the morning. They assured the happy couple that they would take care of linens, the placing of centerpieces, and everything else that would need to be done.


We did get the centerpieces made at least.


Our dear and close friends Diane and KK (Kathy) are being joined in a Civil Union tomorrow.


IMG_2515


Keeping with the beach theme, we made centerpieces with large glass bowls, sand, tea candles, seashells and colored starfish.


IMG_2505


Those helping with this each had a bag of something that they added to the bowl.


IMG_2509


IMG_2521


The room where everyone will eat, drink and be merry tomorrow.


IMG_2520


The beach where the ceremony will take place tomorrow.


IMG_2531


Since we couldn’t do nearly as much as we wanted to we went out to the deck to watch the sunset.


IMG_2523


IMG_2525


IMG_2529


IMG_2530


We never did eat dinner tonight. We thought the VFW had “bar food” but it turns out they don’t. By the time we left there it was way too late to eat a big meal. It’s a good thing the festivities are taking place at 12:30 tomorrow, we won’t have to wait that long to eat.

No comments: