Thursday, July 12, 2012

7/5–7/12/2012 What a Week!

My mind is mush. There is no way I can go back and think about what we did in the past week on each day and make any sense of it. The days of the last week just simply run together.


We’ve had days on end of one hundred degree plus weather with the heat index hovering around one hundred and ten. Not real fun when you are spending your days on black top parking lot. Bob had it a lot worse than me with him working the afternoon hours.


Our work schedule is getting to us. I think I’ve mentioned before that our work day spans eleven hours. This is getting old real fast. We broached the subject with the powers that be about us both working Saturday’s since that is the busiest day of the week and then taking Thursday’s off. We were shot down. Now the ball is back in our court and I’m pretty sure its going to come down to we get three days a week off or we’re outta here. Well, not literally outta here like leaving Delaware. We would go down to the Bethany Beach National Guard Training Center and stay in the FamCamp. We just can’t keep this up like this. The one who is home doesn’t have wheels to go do anything and we’re not getting any time on the beach fishing. Nope, this isn’t working.


Our friends Steve and Kerrie are here and I did manage to get one afternoon on the beach with them. It was a hundred and five that day.


I took a photography class to learn about what all the little knobs and doo-hickey’s on my camera do and what they are for. It was offered through Living Social.com. One of those sites that offer you local things at a really good discount. My class was with Dazzle Photography and the pro was Dan Salvo. I learned a lot in those three hours! Now I just have to practice what I learned.


Bob went on a deep sea fishing trip that turned out to be a non trip. The seas were very rough the boat captain said that he would take them if they wanted to go but he really advised against it and thought it would be better to just re-schedule.


Remember back to the end of May when I introduced you Dawn, who happens to whittle? I showed you the beginning of her project.



IMG_1776


It’s done! Well, done being whittled, Dawn still has to paint it.



IMG_2030


I don’t know that it will ever get finished. We were talking about craft projects the other night and it seems Dawn starts a lot of projects but never finishes them. I am also guilty of that. She told me she would have it done by Christmas and then added, “I just don’t know which Christmas!” Regardless, I think her Santa turned out very well for her first whittling project that was meant to be more than just mere sawdust.

No comments: