Sunday, April 21, 2013

4/14-4/21/2013 Bits and Pieces

(Wilmington, DE)

Ok, I haven’t updated the blog in a little while for several reasons.  First and foremost, one word, BUSY! 

My mom and I have been working around the house getting tons of stuff done.  All the painting is now done.  The new carpeting was supposed to be installed on Saturday the 20th but the carpet installer forgot he had a bowling tournament he paid for so that is being pushed back a couple of days.

As we do things in a room mom has been going through every drawer and getting rid of stuff that serves no purpose for her anymore.  This has freed up lots of space and she’s moving stuff around since there are all new storage areas open to her.  Unfortunately, she can’t find a darn thing now.  I hear a dozen times a day, “Snookie, do you know where such and such is?”  I thought it best to write things down so I got a little notebook and write down things for her that she can reference once I’m not here.

Speaking of which, I’ve made my plane reservations to return to Tucson.  It’s time.  I need to get to help Bob with the 5th wheel issues we’re having.  That is usually my territory, dealing with the service writer, etc. so I need to get back.  I’ll be flying to Phoenix and then renting a car to drive to Tucson.  I’m not crazy about flying to begin with, I will fly, but I can’t say I enjoy it.  The flight from Phoenix to Tucson would be on a puddle jumper and when I flew out a month ago we were knocked all over the sky because of the wind.  I’ll drive the two hours, thank you very much.  I will make a stop in Quail Run to pick up our mail and a box we had delivered.

On the 5th wheel issues we’re having, we have the component manufacturers involved now and DRV who built our RV.  Since we contacted these companies things are starting to get done and we’re getting answers.  This whole thing will be easier on both of us when we’re under one roof and not trying to get organized and compose letters and keep all of the facts straight with his notes in Tucson and mine here in Delaware.  Thank heavens for email and cell phones!

I miss my camera!  I’ve wanted it so many times over these past weeks.

I’ll be glad to get back to Tucson so that I can wear something different.  I don’t think I told you what I actually ended up packing that day when I got the call.  Now remember, my world was turned upside down and I just threw stuff in a suitcase.  I packed two pairs of black slacks, a white pullover tee, one blouse, one red short sleeved sweater, two pairs of sweatpants, four sweatshirts, four pairs of socks, four bras and eleven pairs of panties.  Shoes included a pair of sneakers, a pair of flip flops and a pair of black flats.  Oh yeah, and a winter jacket.  That’s it.  I have been wearing the same thing day in and day out for the past month.  Now I did do some shopping since I’ve been here because we had that heat wave two weeks ago.  I bought four pair of shorts and six tops.  I think I’ll be shipping stuff home!

I hate the thought of leaving my mom.  I know she’s going to be okay but I hate the thought of her being here by herself.  We’ve had a talk about it and she assured me that she will be busy with yard work at home and at the cottage in Maryland.  She’ll split her time between the two homes.

As soon as our issues are dealt with and we close up the park model in Quail Run, Bob and I will be returning to Delaware for the summer.  It will be too hot to stay in Arizona and we really need to be here.  There are some things around here that mom needs help with and we can’t depend on my brother to do everything.   If you think about it he now has three houses to look after, his own, mom’s and the beach house.  Too much to ask him to take it all on.

Mom and I have been out to dinner a few times, we play cards, we try very hard not to miss the reruns of Big Bang Theory (Sheldon is my favorite!) and laugh a lot.  We are so tired that sometimes we laugh so hard over the stupidest things.

More to come.

No comments: