Sunday, June 7, 2015

6/7/15 Show Low Days

(Show Low, AZ)

We’ve been hearing about Show Low Days for several weeks now.  Posters in stores, radio spots and in the park itself.  In the park itself….. everyone talks about but no one we’ve talked to has actually ever gone to it.  We wanted to see what it was all about.

We left Juniper Ridge and knew it was in Show Low but not exactly where.  I mean how hard could it be find something as big as Show Low Days?  We had a heck of a time and found it quite by accident because we had given up and were heading back home.

The parking situation at the fair grounds was horrendous at best. 

It had rained quite a lot the day before and we were greeted by a muddy mess at the entrance of the fair.  It wasn’t nearly as big as I thought it would be.

As at most city fairs there were bouncy rides for the kids.

IMG_3791

Arts and crafts galore.


IMG_3792


IMG_3793

IMG_3794

Robinson Golf Carts had a display and I really liked this six seater.

IMG_3795
Although we missed t, earlier in the day there was a derby down the main street.  The cars on display were quite a draw with the kids.  I’m sorry we missed the race.

IMG_3796

IMG_3797
Some of the car builders were quite creative.

IMG_3798

IMG_3799
This one was one of my favorites.  There was a lady with a clipboard standing nearby and everyone had a chance to vote for their favorite one.  What they won I don’t have a clue but we cast our votes all the same.

IMG_3800

IMG_3801
Bob grabbed something to eat and sat down to watch the show going on under the big tent.  Meanwhile, I knew there was something I wanted to buy before we left.  I took off to find the tent with the pan flute player.

IMG_3802
I LOVE to hear the pan flute so I bought two CD’s.

All in all it was a nice day in Show Low.

No comments: