Saturday, August 2, 2008

8/1/08 To the Bat Cave !!!

I didn't think Bob was ever going to get out of bed today. At 9:30 I told Mom I was going in to hold my finger under his nose to see if was still breathing. She said just look to see if his belly moving up and down, it was. I went back in at 10:30, he opened one eye, looked at me and went back to sleep. Finally at 11:30 he got out of bed. I've known Bob for 28 years and I have never known him to sleep this late.


I knew he's had his butt kicked with this summer cold so I didn't want to go in and really wake him up but I also wanted to get the laundry started so that we could get packed and on the road to New Jersey. We were to meet our long time friend and former neighbor at her place of work and follow her to Laurel Lake where she lives on the lakefront.





As it turned it out it was so hot today that as I finished hanging the clothes on the line the first ones were dry. Granted, they were cotton pieces but they were dry all the same.





All packed and ready to go we headed out. To get to New Jersey we were going to have cross the Delaware Memorial Bridge. Besides being the State that started a Nation and home of tax free shopping this is also one of Delaware's claim to fame. It is the longest twin span bridge in the world. And to think Arizona's claim to fame is just that big hole in the ground.



We arrived at Dianne's work at 4:20 and I went in to let her know we were there.

Dianne is one of my very special forever friends. We became very close over the years we were neighbors and I can honestly say there isn't much she doesn't know about me and not much that I don't know about her.


We unpacked the borrowed truck and sat down for a good gabfest catching up on lots things you don't take the time to tell about in an email.

By now her significant other, Tom, had arrived and we went for our evening meal. Dinner done we returned to the lake




We were sitting in the living room and I could tell Dianne was looking past me and then she suddenly said, "WHAT is THAT??? When I turned around this is what I saw.

Somehow a bat had gotten into the house and it decided to take a nap on the wall. Bob donned a heavy work glove and took things in hand.....literally!


Here's a closeup of Dianne's visitor before he got thrown out the door. Check out those teeth! He doesn't look like he got on the right side of the wall does he?

After catching up some more Dianne and Tom left to go Tom's house just up the street. Since Dianne's guest room has bunk beds for her grandchildren she thought it best just to leave the house to us. We agreed! Thanks Di!

No comments: