Sunday, August 3, 2008

8/2/08 A Pleasant Day on the Lake

I was the first one up this morning and took the time to take some pictures from the deck right outside the living room.

The lake was like glass and so peaceful. Not so twenty minutes later! Out of nowhere came a heck of a thunderstorm. The wind picked up and lake had whitecaps.


The flag stood straight out and pole swayed and the rain came down in buckets.

Forty five minutes later it was all over and the sun came out, the white caps subsided and the water looked smooth as glass again. It didn't take long before the weekender's had their boats out pulling skiers and kids on rafts.

Bob still isn't feeling good so he parked himself in front the TV all day and Dianne and I took off for Millville to browse through the shops.

She took me one little shopping mall, if you will, that held specialty shops.

Now all of you Quail Run ladies take note of this. Remember the class you took last winter where you learned how to work with the gourds? Well, I saw two for sale in one of the shops and they are selling for $150.00 and $165.00! You can bet I'll be taking that class this year! Can you say EBAY?

We went into another shop that sold buttons! Old buttons, new buttons, every size and color. Is there really a need for a shop that sells buttons? Since Dianne and I were the only two shoppers in the complex I'd bet the farm that the shop's lease won't be signed again when it comes due. I hope for the shopkeepers sake I'm wrong but I don't think so!

I was able to get the lens hood I've been searching for at the local camera shop and that made me happy.

The humidity today was at 92% today and I've taken notice that I'm having a difficult time breathing.

Back at the house Bob was still just laying around and he wasn't feeling any better. What great house guests we are!

For dinner Dianne made pork loins in BBQ sauce, baked potatoes and corn on the cob. Just as we sat down I lost my appetite, just wasn't hungry all of a sudden. I forced myself to eat as much as I could but I could feel myself getting sick as I sat there. First Bob, now me. Oh yeah, we'll be invited back!

We spent the evening talking and watching TV and once again Dianne left with Tom. They weren't out the door two minutes and we were in bed.

No comments: