Tuesday, July 21, 2009

7/21/2009 Rain & Wind, Wind & Rain

We didn't wake up to the rat-a-tat-tat of rain on the rooftop this morning. Instead, we woke to a combination of sounds. One sounded more like a herd of buffalo running across the roof because it was raining so hard and the other the insistent ring of a telephone! And it was just 7 a.m.. Now I really can't fault the telephone for waking us, after all, the caller from a business in Georgia didn't know we are in Alaska and 4 hours behind her in time. Yes, it was late morning for her, but for us a dark, rainy day,,,,well, it should have been a great sleeping in day. Luckily, we slept through her first call at 9 a.m. her time and 5 a.m. our time! To make matters worse it wasn't even an important call, just a follow up to make sure I am a satisfied customer with regards to an earlier service call.

It rained and the winds blew all day. Our 5th wheel swayed a couple of times when the wind gusted. I think we feel the wind more here on the Spit with water on both sides of us. We looked out and the waters of the bay were choppy and cold looking and the day itself was gray. I wouldn't want to be out on this boat today.

IMG_0871

It was a good day to watch TV. Movie after movie. After movie. After movie. We took turns on the computer just for something different to do. I tried reading my book and although I'm enjoying it, it couldn't hold my interest today.

Bob had read on the Internet that we're supposed to have rain for the next 10 days! I heard on the local news this morning that it was supposed to clear tomorrow. I'm hoping and Bob is hoping that the forecast from the local people is the right one!

Around eight tonight it actually started clearing. We didn't even notice the rain had stopped until Bob got up to get something to drink and looked out. I had to run outside to get this picture.

IMG_0875

Patches of blue sky even! The sun came out for awhile and I noticed that it was shining on the land across the bay,

IMG_0879

This little fellow must have been cooped up all day and couldn't wait to get out and fly his kite.

IMG_0880

I am just lovin' this view!

3 comments:

Peggy & Bill said...

That rainbow pictures looks like one of those magnets you can buy. Are you sure you took that????
Beautiful pictures, even though it's foggy & rainy.

SkippyMom said...

The rainbow pic took my breath away. Smile, happy, happy!

ttprincess1226 said...

That rainbow is amazing. What a cool picture! Sure looks like a beautiful place.