Friday, February 18, 2011

2/18/2011 Olympic Events, Dinner and a Dance

This has been one busy day!

Morning brought the Bean Bag Toss….

IMG_7530

IMG_7527

From the Bean Bag Toss we went to Mini Golf. This was the first time we played this year, that should tell you our medal count!

We went back to the 5th wheel to wait for Marv and we took him up with us while we were in the putting event. He just loved it! He met some fellow Michigander’s and as is usual here, everyone was so friendly towards him.

I told him that we wanted him to come over earlier the next day and conversation went like this.

Me: Marv, we need you to come over earlier tomorrow, somewhere between 11 and 11:30 as we are having a closing ceremony tomorrow and its going to be nice and we want you to be there.

Marv: (Somewhat puzzled expression) Ok, I’ll come earlier.

Marv: (Fifteen minutes later) Snookie, I don’t know em’.

Me: You don’t know who Marv?

Marv: The funeral we’re going to tomorrow, I don’t em’, should I really go?

Me: WHAT? WHAT funeral? We’re not going to a funeral.

Marv: You know, the closing ceremony we’re going to.

Oh. My. Gosh. This dear sweet man thought we were going to a funeral and we were going for the casket to be closed. I quickly explained the closing ceremony was the end of our Olympic week and the medals would be awarded and the Olympic flame would be put out.

After I explained that I had to walk away. I had a good laugh over that one.

We went to the Moose Club for dinner and had delicious shrimp. I had breaded, Marv had coconut shrimp and Bob had the tilapia fish. We each had a crab cake and it was the first time Marv had ever had one! I just found that so surprising. He didn’t like it. He no sooner got the words out and Bob and I were reaching for it. (It was served on a separate plate) We split it between the two of us. I don’t know where they got them from but they were pretty good. Granted, it wasn’t like we were on the Eastern Shore eating fresh crab but it was good all the same.

After dinner we came back to the park and went to the Carnaval Room for the dance going on. My friend Marvin is very smooth on his feet. He had a great time. He really seems to be having a good time with us.

No comments: