Sunday, February 6, 2011

2/6/2011 30 Years of Marriage!

Today is our anniversary. Our 30th. Hooray for us! So many of our friends didn’t make it this far. Don’t get me wrong, there were times when I thought we wouldn’t but we worked through it and here we are.

It was a beautiful day here and I was walking over to Sandy’s and I saw Marlene and Barb looking at something and when I got closer I saw what it was. Of course I had to run home and get my camera since I walked out of the house without it. When I got back “it” had moved but it wasn’t hard to find it.

IMG_7378

It sat there just as pretty as you please and I just kept snapping away getting closer each time.

IMG_7379

I think got a little too close for comfort this time.

IMG_7380

She hooted at me and moved to another branch.

IMG_7381

sbowls1.gif - 4.0 KWe settled in to watch the Super Bowl and were rooting for the Steelers for no particular reason other than they are from Pennsylvania, our part of the country, and in honor of two of our friends who have passed on to the grand Super Bowl stadium in heaven and were both die hard fans.

How many of you watched Christina Aguilera absolutely torture our National Anthem. Not only did she butcher the music she got words wrong. I think that from now on the chorus of one of the branches of service should sing it. It will get sung with the correct words and it will be sung the way it is supposed to be sung.

Now, the halftime show. Yes it was good. The Black Eyed Peas isn’t one of our favorite groups. Thirty years ago perhaps, but not now. I do have give them kudos for the show though, it was rather fantastic and well performed, especially all of those on the ground.

Dallas as a Super Bowl venue. Ah,,,,not so good. Of course they weren’t counting on snow and ice which covered the city and I really felt bad for the four hundred ticket holders that didn’t get in,

I heard that next year it is supposed to be in Indianapolis, Indiana. Their temp on this day was 9 degrees with a –6 wind-chill factor. Domed stadium or not, that’s cold! It gets even better! I heard the following year that the venue may in the stadium in New Jersey. Ahhh, Jersey doesn’t have a domed stadium does it? And it was 18 degrees on Super Bowl day??? I think if the city doesn’t have palm trees then the Super Bowl should not even be considered to play there. Why not just have Florida, Arizona and California rotate hosting the game? I think I’ll write to the super Bowl bosses and suggest that.

Sadly, the Steelers didn’t win and the commercials weren’t as good this year as they have been in the past. Its a good thing its our anniversary or the day would have been a total flop.

1 comment:

skip and cindy said...

congrat on making 30 years. that says alot about both of you.
cindy and skip