Saturday, February 5, 2011

2/5/2011 I’m a Wedding Photographer….NOT!

A couple of years ago Lin and Dan met here in Quail Run and fell in love.

IMG_7246

This is the couple we stayed with for a week when we were in Alaska two summers ago. They were married last July in Idaho. Bob and I were invited to the wedding but we were spending the summer in our home state so we didn’t get to attend. Several couples here in the park were able to though.

They said it was only right that they have a wedding celebration here in the park since this is where it all started. So celebrate we did!

We danced and drank and ate and danced and visited with friends and danced. Did I mention we danced? According to park rules the party had to be open to everyone in the park and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised that the winter residents who don’t know Lin and Dan were respectful and didn’t come for the free food, drink and dancing. They certainly would have been welcomed but I’m glad they did the right thing.

Lin’s wrist corsage.

IMG_7219

Lin had a great surprise in that her daughter, sister and brother all came in the for the party and she didn’t know they were going to.

Lin and Dan asked if I would take pictures of the evening celebration and I snapped one hundred and seventy four pics. No, no, I’m not going to load them all here.

Park residents went all out in providing the food for the party. If anyone went home hungry it was their own fault.

Carol Powers gifted Lin and Dan her DJ skills for our dancing pleasure. When Carol is in the house a good time is guaranteed!

IMG_7214

A good time was had by all! If nothing else, Quail Run knows how to party!

No comments: