Monday, February 28, 2011

2/28/2011 The Longest Pool Game EVER!

The weatherman was right….spring was just around the corner and it has arrived!

This evening Bob played cards and I played the longest pool game ever.

Let me explain.

I was playing against Barb Trube, you know, Barb with the purple glove. She is undoubtedly one of the best pool players in the park, gender doesn’t come into play here either. Men or women, she’s just one the best.

When playing with her she coaches me on how to make a play, where the ball SHOULD GO, whether to hit the ball high or low, to the left or the right, she just helps me. As helpful as she is she just doesn’t get MY way of playing. I’m a strong believer in being able to yell out DO OVER when my shot doesn’t go as planned. When playing pool I’m also in favor of a two part shot. If I hit the ball and it doesn’t quite get to the pocket I think I should get another shot at it to get it in because I tried really, really hard the first time. Barb just doesn’t see it my way.

Woman Playing A Game Of Pool clipart

So tonight we’re playing and at one point I asked her why is that I have five balls on the table and she only has three. She replied, rather sarcastically I thought,”because I’m gettin’ mine in!” OK. Well Miss Gold Medal Winner in Women’s Pool, we’ll just see about that!

Every time she wasn’t looking I took one of her solid color balls out of the pocket and put it back on the table. I did this again and again and again. At one point I had three balls on the table and she had seven. It was hard not to laugh! Now to tell the whole story here I have to say that Barb’s attention was on another table rather often because they were asking her questions about rules and how to make a shot, etc.. But still! So our game is finally over and I said to her, “Gee, Barb, wasn’t that just the longest game ever?” In return she replied, “Yeah, that was a long game.” I started laughing,,,,,, hysterically. The others in the room stopped what they were doing to listen to what was going on. I looked at Barb and said, “You put that solid yellow in the pocket four times!” She looked at me, puzzled. I went on to explain that whenever she wasn’t looking I was putting her solid colors back on the table. The room roared with laughter! Barb looked at me and said, “I’m never playing pool with you again!”

She will, she’s like playing with me.

1 comment:

Donna K said...

That's a great story...LOL.