Tuesday, July 19, 2011

7/17–7/19/2011 We’re Havin’ a HEAT WAVE!

One hundred plus degrees everyday! No rain in sight. Grass/weeds are dying. Everyone stays inside. Dogs don’t even want to go for a walk. We’re havin’ a heat wave!


Bob and I shared hugs and handshakes as we said so long to Norm and Ann on Tuesday. This is the couple we went to the Cowboy Dinner Show with about a week ago with. We’ll see them again this winter and look forward to spending more time with them. The other couple we went with, Bill and Jackie left this past Friday.


Monday I got a haircut. The shortest I’ve ever had my hair cut. I went in and told the stylist I was tired of my “do”, it was hot, it was too thick and I had way too much of it. I said, “You look at and decide what it needs and then do it”. I was so brave! So she started cutting and she cut some more and then some more and I didn’t think she’d ever stop and when she did, well, let’s say I don’t have much hair left. It’s short. Short, short. And I love it! I’ll post a picture here real soon. How short is it you ask? The back is probably 3/4 to an inch long. The top? Two inches max. The best part? I look exactly the same in the morning when I wake up as I did when I went to bed. And dark! My hair is DARK brown. The sun has never seen this hair before. A lady here in the park asked what color I had used on my hair. I assured her I hadn’t colored it. I’ve been getting lots of compliments on it and I’m happy about that.


Tomorrow we have round two with Directv. We’ll see how it goes.

No comments: