Thursday, August 11, 2011

8/11/2011 Jerry Goes Dumpster Diving

What a husband won’t do for his wife! Even though he mutters all the while, “I’m gonna kill her if it isn’t here.”


I was in the house today when Jerry came by and asked if we had a stepstool. I told him where it was and asked what he was doing. He replied, “I’m going dumpster diving, wanna watch?” Well, heck yeah! I’ll even take pictures!


I ran in to get the camera and met Jerry at the campground dumpster.


IMG_9024


He doesn’t look to thrilled to be actually going inside this big, smelly, metal box does he?


IMG_9025


Over and over I heard, “I’m gonna kill her if it isn’t in here.” In he went.


IMG_9026


What was he looking for? A receipt. A little piece of paper. Valerie was sure she put it in the trash bag and threw it away and now she needed it to return something.


Luckily their trash was in a small green pet food bag and not a full size 13 gallon kitchen trash bag!


IMG_9027


He really doesn’t look happy does he?


IMG_9028


Did you know that it is much harder to get out of a dumpster than it is to get in? It is, trust me, just ask Jerry.


So piece by piece, he went through the bag….


IMG_9029


IMG_9030


…..and it wasn’t there. He’s gonna kill ‘er.


Actually, it turned out she didn’t need the receipt after all and they still haven’t found it anyway. Valerie still lives.

4 comments:

Donna K said...

Funny story - loved it! Good pictures too. Too bad it wasn't a video...you could put it on You Tube.

rouxster said...

yes ..it was funny-but it was jerry who 'lost' the receipt in the first place! :-)

Anonymous said...

Now we know what true love looks like. lol My DH wouldn't do that, it would be me in the dumpster.

LynnieQ said...

Absolutely laughing my @ss off! Go Jerry! Go! I can't believe after all that Val didn't need the receipt. OH TOO FUNNY. And of course you grab your camera and go watch. LOL