Monday, August 22, 2011

8/20-8/22/2011 Notice Given & A Pizza Party

Our plans have changed somewhat. We’re supposed to be here until October 15th but that isn’t going to happen now. We’ll be pulling out of here on September 15th, give or a take a day or two. We handed in our notice per the rules and regulations and we’re now counting down. Something has come up and I don’t mean to be secretive or teasing but I’m not at liberty to discuss it yet. You’ll understand later why I’m keeping quiet now.


Anyone want to workamp for a month? If you’ll be in the Rapid City, SD area and would like to workamp in the FamCamp let me know. You don’t have to have a military connection to do this. Free site, full hookups and a paycheck to boot. Let me know!


A strange three days working. Two nights nearly full and one with 12 vacancies. You just never know when the RV’ers will show up.


Valerie and I went for haircuts on Friday morning and ran a few other errands and then I worked the afternoon, relieving Bob from the office. Well, I guess you can call it working. Valerie, Joy and I played Mexican Train at the picnic table under the tree outside the office building. A rough job but somebody has to do it.


Monday I got my kitchen all cleaned and declared it off limits so Bob and I, Jerry and Valerie and DeWayne and Joy had a pizza party.


IMG_9154


Val & Jerry’s puppy, Ghost, was especially interested in what Val had.


IMG_9155


I don’t think Valerie was paying much attention to ol’ Ghost so the pup made his presence more known.


IMG_9156


Valerie noticed him now and I believe Ghost is being told to “stop shopping!”


We all lasted until almost dark when the mosquitoes drove us to seek shelter. Good times, Good food, Great FRIENDS!

2 comments:

LynnieQ said...

YUM! Sure miss ya'll. Those darn mosquitos are still at it huh? Leaving in Sept .... hmmm.

LaVon Baker said...

That Ghost is a pony!!