Wednesday, August 24, 2011

8/24/2011 A Fly in Our Ointment

We were all up early this morning. We knew we wanted to get out and about today and show Dianne some of the sights here.


I did have some business to take care of first so I started on the phone calls I had to make. You see, our paycheck for our job here in the FamCamp didn’t hit the bank yet and its considerably late seeing as how we have always gotten paid on time. I made a few calls and finally reached the office I needed. Turns out that our paperwork never made it to the proper desk and they had no request for payment. This doesn’t sit well with me but there isn’t anything we can do other than wait for our paperwork to be submitted again (?) or perhaps for the first time. Regardless, as soon as the office receives it they will process it.


Things don’t seem to run like a well oiled machine here on this base. DeWayne and Joy have yet to get their paperwork filled out to even work here. Al, the Outdoor Recreation head guy, had said that one of the ladies in the office was out because her husband is hospitalized and things moving along like usual has slowed to a snails pace. Ya Think!?


Evidently Al was called this morning after my phone calls and he put a call in for me over at the FamCamp office. When I heard about it I called him back and he dropped the bomb on me. It seems that DeWayne and Joy are not permitted to work without their contract signed. They couldn’t work TODAY! We had to scrap our plans with Dianne because Bob and I had to report for work. DeWayne and Joy said they would make the time up for us because they know our friend is here and we want to do things with her. So we’ll do what we have to do and Al assured us that the contract would be done today! I’m giving him until noon and then I’m taking things into my own hands.


So I was pulling afternoon shift in the FamCamp office and I had to find a way to spend time with Dianne too. You guessed it, we got a Mexican Train game together. The four of us, me, Di, Joy and Val sat under the tree at the picnic table and played the afternoon away.


To put it short and simply I don’t like to lose at games. I know, I know, no one likes to lose but I really, really don’t like to lose. I admit it, I have been know to look at Joy when she screwed up my play and through clenched teeth mutter, “you evil wench”. If I had gone to kindergarten I would have probably failed plays well with others. There, I said it, I’m not proud of it but it is what it is.


So we’re playing and Valerie is just having one heck of a day at Mexican Train play. She was consistently going out earning zero points and I was constantly getting caught with a rack full of dominoes with high numbers. At one point Valerie had 51 points and I had 415. This is not good. Not good for me that is, Valerie on the other hand is all smiles and doesn’t look at all sorry for beating the pants off of me. Granted, Di and Joy’s scores were closer to mine than hers but I don’t care about their scores!


Well, she beat me (us) soundly.


IMG_9174


Can you just hear the evil laugh she’s giving???


IMG_9172


I’m sorry to say that I behaved terribly. Take this is a warning people, don’t beat me at Mexican Train, there are consequences!


IMG_9168


I told her if she beat me I’d string her up from the tree!


IMG_9171


Go ahead Val….LAUGH NOW!


Mexican Train anyone?

10 comments:

valerie said...

LMAO.... :-) (like i will ever see the dominos game again...) looking forward to playing another game though!

LynnieQ said...

OMG! You're hysterical! LOL Way to Val!!! Sorry to hear things are still as screwed up as they were when we were there.

DeWayne and Joy said...

Folks, I'm here to tell ya, she doesn't like losing at cards either! Playing games with Snookie is not for the faint of heart, lol. But we love her anyway! Val, on the other hand is not my favorite person right now either after beating ALL OF US yesterday. Just kidding, Val! It's all good. :)

Donna K said...

Very Funny...I bought the Mexican Train game but so far no one has taught me how to play! I don't suppose you are the one to take lessons from?!?!

Snookie said...

@ Valerie - hell will freeze over before I play with YOU again!

@ Lynnie - Yeah, things are still screwed up here.

@ Joy - That card playing comment...YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

@ Donna - I would gladly teach you how to play. If you play by MY rules, such as asking me if its advantageous for ME for you to play THIS tile or THAT one,,well heck, we'll get along fine!

Pat and Dann said...

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHA U GO VAL !!!!

Snookie said...

Ah, Pat, wrong thing to say, you'll never play again!

LaVon Baker said...

Now I know why God has put miles between us!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Here is the irony in your life - two days ago you pitch a great job and "a paycheck to boot" and now you are letting us know your check is late! To Valerie: Woooo, Woooo! Traing coming thru! Barb

Snookie said...

Yep the paycheck was late but when it brought to the right person's attention, the check was there the next day.