Monday, August 1, 2011

8/1/2011 I’m So Very Proud of Him!

I love our military in case you haven’t figured that out yet, if the military related things in my sidebar haven’t given you a clue. I am so thankful for everyone of the men and women who have served and those who serve today in our Armed Forces.


When I was a very little girl and was asked what I wanted to be when I grew up my answer was always an Army General. I come from a military family as my dad, my uncles, my cousins, they all served in the regular Army, Nary and/or the National Guard. Heck, I served eight years.


When we had the F-350 Bob had some military sticker thingy’s in the back window to show certain aspects of his military service. Sometimes guys would pass us on the road, beep the horn, give a thumbs up and we just knew what they meant. Brought a smile to my lips every time.


Well, we sold the F-350 of course and he took the sticker thingy’s off. I had been after him to replace them for the truck we have now but he always just brushed it off or said outright, “No I’m not going to put them on.” I didn’t understand the reluctance but hey, it’s his truck, his service, I let it go.


Every once in awhile when we were on a base in a PX or BX we would see the sticker thingy’s and I would nudge him but he would pass them by. I just gave up.


Out of the blue, about two weeks ago, he ordered the sticker thingy’s! YAY! They arrived. YIPPEE!


Today, they went on.


IMG_8975


IMG_8976


IMG_8978


IMG_8979


Reflection?


IMG_8982


I am so very proud of him!


IMG_8983

2 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

Yay Bob!! Stickers look great!

LynnieQ said...

Thumbs up for Bob. I'm honking my horn at him and thanking him and you for serving our wonderful country. ;-)