Tuesday, August 23, 2011

8/23/2011 Dianne Arrives!

Valerie and I were out early this morning, well ok, 9:15 to make our 10 a.m. appointment to get our nails done. What an ordeal that was!


I had gotten my nails done about 5 weeks ago and I wasn’t real happy with the way they were done. The end product was good but the whole process took way too long and there were too many bumps in the road for me to go through that again.


Valerie on the other hand went to Regal Nails in the local Walmart around the same time and her session last one third of the time mine did. So Regal Nails it was for today’s appointment. We got there early and it was a good thing we did. We were set up with bowls of acetone to get the old polish off and Valerie’s polish practically slid off her nails. After 40 minutes mine wasn’t even budging! NOTHING! Valerie was now DONE her appointment and I’m still soaking in acetone trying to get the polish off. It was to the point that they were sanding the polish off with a drill with a sanding tool attached to it. This is NOT good for your nails!


Valerie called the shop I had gone to previously and was told that yes, the polish they used has to be sanded off. Why didn’t they tell me that at the time???? I would have never agreed to that. So, long story short, my nails are done, they’re beautiful and in five weeks when I get them done again it will be a whole lot easier.


Of course with the nail polish problems I was really cutting it close to getting to the airport to meet Dianne on time. We pulled into the FamCamp and I jumped out of Val’s car and right into our truck.


We got to the airport and when I walked in a lot of people were standing around the luggage carousel. I couldn’t find Dianne but I knew that I would because after all this is a small regional airport.


IMG_9157


I finally saw her walking across the concourse,,,oh heck, this isn’t LAX Airport or even JFK, I saw her walking across the ROOM!


IMG_9159


Our friend is with us again!


To you Dianne, we say…..


IMG_9162


We got her all settled in and of course I had to introduce her to Joy and Valerie. The best ice breaker I could think of was a game of Mexican Train!


Having been up since 4:30 a.m. east coast time, Dianne went to bed at 8:47 and could hardly hold her eyes open. Of course it was almost eleven o’clock her time.


So we have a lot planned for her this week and we’re jumping right in with an all day excursion tomorrow.


It's so good to have her with us again!

No comments: