Thursday, September 1, 2011

9/1/2011 See You Soon Dianne!

Dianne left today to go home.


Before I get into today, let me tell you what we did last night. Joy and DeWayne took me and Dianne with them to Mount Rushmore for the evening lighting ceremony.


We saw an awesome sunset from the road.


IMG_9514


IMG_9515


IMG_9516


IMG_9517


We get Mount Rushmore and get inside the ice cream store just 30 seconds before they locked the doors. Talk about cutting it close!


So we make our way to the amphitheater and get settled in for the program. A Park Ranger gave a talk about Mount Rushmore and we watched a movie about the presidents of Mount Rushmore. The Park Ranger then invited all military members past and present to join her on the stage. DeWayne and I went to the stage where the lowering of the flag took place. People from the audience gave us a round of thunderous applause and we heard THANK YOU time and time again. There was one World War II veteran with us. The whole experience made my heart swell with pride.


After we returned to our seats the monument was lit.


Oh, what a sight to behold.


IMG_9527


I am so glad that they decided to take this trip while Dianne was still here and she could enjoy this too.


So on with today. Dianne got herself packed first thing this morning and somehow couldn’t get the suitcase closed and ended up mailing her dirty laundry home.


Since her plane didn’t take off until 3:30 we had plenty of time to get one more game of Mexican Train in before our trip to the airport.


Valerie and Joy accompanied us to the airport. It was a workday for Bob and I so Bob held down the fort while I made the airport run.


I hate goodbyes. I really, really hate goodbyes.


Me and Di at the airport.


IMG_9538


Us girls, taken by a nice man in the airport. Dianne, Joy, Valerie and me.


IMG_9540


A final hug,,,,final for this trip.


IMG_9544


Farewell my friend, safe travels, miss you already.


IMG_9545


See ya, girlfriend.


IMG_9546


I’m so glad we had this week!

No comments: