Saturday, September 17, 2011

9/17/2011 Gettin' on Down the Road

We made short order of getting everything we had taken out stowed again. The road was calling.


So we pulled out of Buffalo Hills located in who knows what town in Colorado and headed south.


Thankfully we were back in shorts and tees again.


On the way we passed this windmill farm.


IMG_9593


IMG_9594


We also passed a sunflower farm. Funny, I never gave it a thought that a farmer somewhere actually grew acres and acres of sunflowers! I would have taken a picture but the heads of sunflowers were all weighted with seeds and the picture would have looked like, well, sad sunflowers.


We soon say hello to Oklahoma!


IMG_9597


I didn’t see much of what was going on at eye level because I couldn’t take my eyes off of the sky. It held the most amazing clouds. Not that the clouds themselves were all that but I had a great game of “What Do YOU See in the Clouds? going on.


So LaVon, my friend, I thought of you when I played this game and took some pics for you. Tell me, what do you see?


#1 IMG_9595


#2 IMG_9596


#3 IMG_9599


4# IMG_9601


C’mon, all of you reading this, tell me what you see!


So we pull into Wild Bill’s RV Park in Boise City, Oklahoma. I don’t know how we find em’ but we do! I had called ahead to see if there were any spots left and the lady assured me there were plenty. Uh-uh. We found three open and one of those was halfway blocked by the neighbors truck. So we found a pull thru site and we got all set up and then it happened. The wind shifted and the flag pole across the street started clanging. Actually, it was the metal rope that was clanging against the metal flagpole. Incessantly! Clang, Clang, Clang went the flagpole. It wasn’t until some time later that the wind died down and then the trains started. One. After. Another. Chuga-chuga, chuga-chuga, chuga-chuga, whoo-whoo. All. Night. Long. Oh yea, we can find ‘em!

No comments: