Monday, October 6, 2014

10/6/2014 What Goes Up Must Come Down

(Albuquerque, NM)

Well, we made it through the night.  Dry ice is still keeping everything frozen and the batteries didn’t go dead on radio.  All is right with my world.

We sat outside this morning to pass the time and talked to the occasional people that passed by.  I read more of my book and was paying total attention to the pages when I heard somewhat of a commotion.  I looked up and saw a balloon flying kind of low.

A small crowd is starting to gather because we know its coming down and there is a busy road very close by.

And it got lower and lower….

It was one rough landing!

The air caught the balloon and the gondola was just dragged across the rough terrain.  Having experienced a jarring landing myself when we went ballooning, I can’t imagine what it was like for these people to be dragged across the ground.


The chase car arrived and seemed from our vantage point that everyone seemed unscathed and none the worse for wear.

Soon everyone who had gathered to watch went on with their days and I returned to our home.

Bob and I were bored to death after awhile.  We couldn’t go to the dealership until 4 o’clock this afternoon and we needed something to do.  I suggested we hook everything up and take off.  We did and here is where we landed.

Now, as a rule, Bob and I would not go to the casino.  I’d just as soon take a match and set twenty dollar bills on fire, the end result would be the same.  But….desperate times call for desperate measures.

Its been quite awhile since we’ve been in a gambling establishment and I got caught up in the bells and whistles and colorful machines as soon as we walked in.  There was a very convenient bank of ATM machines just inside the door.  I felt like our bank account had been pillaged with the ATM fees charged!

It had been so long since we had been in a casino that we heard to learn how things were done nowadays.  The days of buckets with quarters are gone now,,,,at least they are at this casino.  Everything is done by paper money and slips of paper.

I sat down at one machine and it wasn’t long before I hit something.  What, I didn’t know but the bells and whistles and flashing lights were going.


I was hoping for big bucks but ended up with only free games.  I have to admit, the free games did keep me going for awhile.

Since we hadn’t had breakfast this morning we took a break to have lunch.  Of course we had to “cash out” our machines.  Here’s what Bob had won so far.

Of course, I had my own cash out ticket. 

Don’t laugh!  Don’t you dare laugh!
We both decided to just hang on to them because we were coming back after lunch.

After lunch, anybody wanna guess what I had (?), we hit the slot machines again.  Bob did pretty well overall.  He left with what he started with but I, on the other hand, walked out with my wallet $40 lighter.  It was worth forty bucks to be in the air conditioning, having a good lunch and sharing a bunch of laughs with Bob.

We finally made our way to the RV dealership where the work is going to be done tomorrow.  They moved some rigs around to make room for us so that we could hook up to their electric and water.  They gave us a key to the gate in case we wanted to go out.  Had we known that we would have come over Friday but declined their offer thinking we would be locked in all weekend.  We should have really thought it through more and we would have figured out that they wouldn’t just lock us in and leave.  Oh well, it all worked out in the end.  We’re here and we’re going to get fixed, well, our wheel is going to get fixed.

We spent the evening watching TV, turning lights off and on, using our laptops and enjoying the electricity.     :-)

No comments: