Thursday, February 22, 2007

2/21/07 A Perfect Day

We woke this morning to blue skies. The weatherman says mid-70's today so chores were taken care of quickly so we could get out and take advantage of this warm weather.

With indoor stuff done we headed out to measure the molding all around our house on wheels so that replacement molding could be ordered. Ours has turned dark in color and we can't get it clean anymore. So we did all the measurements and just as we were taking the last one Bob noticed that there were in fact two different widths of molding so we had to start over. It only took us a few more minutes and that chore was done.

Now what to do with our day.....

Our Michigan friend, Dale, stopped over and he and Bob took off for an automotive parts store to get a replacement hose he needs. I walked up to the clubhouse to see what was going on and saw that the lounge chairs around the pool were quickly being claimed by sun worshippers. I turned right around and headed home to gather all the necessities of sun bathing. With towel, trashy novel, a Pepsi and suntan lotion in hand I headed to the pool. Now since we've had "winter" here the past few weeks even my "farmer tan" had faded so I was starting out with a clean slate so to speak. After settling in on my lounge chair and lathering on the Panama Jack lotion I settled in to the hard work of tanning. It IS hard work! You have to make sure the book you're reading doesn't cast a shadow anywhere, you have to keep turning from one side to the other so one tans evenly and you have to read without sunglasses so that you don't end up with raccoon eyes! I stayed out for about two and a half hours this first time out. I couldn't see where I burned anywhere so I feel confident that I'm on my way to a golden tan. (Hear that mom?)

Bob has invited a few of his buddies to go along on a day of fishing on Friday so the "you shoulda seen the one that got away" stories were flying during the Happy Hour. Our Canadian neighbor, Dave, brought over all the fixins' for strawberry daiquiris so I brought out the blender and made a couple of rounds for everyone. Now I'm not a drinker, the last drink I had was on my 50th birthday and the one before that was on my 40th birthday but they looked so good I decided to partake. It took just one before my lips were numb and I couldn't feel my forehead. One was enough for me, but I have a feeling since Florida is a prime strawberry growing area that this won't be the last one I have before we leave.

After spaghetti and meatballs for dinner I went up to the clubhouse to work on our latest puzzle. Nancy, my puzzle pal from Connecticut, returned from a week long rally so we had lots to catch up on. As a side note, Nancy and her husband Lenny, are going to look for a sticks and bricks home when they leave here in April. In Delaware, our home state. They have a daughter in Dover so that's where they'll settle.

So there it is, a perfect day for us.

No comments: