Tuesday, August 27, 2013

8/27/2013 Arizona In - Indiana Out!

(Arizona City, AZ)

Well.  Plans get made.  Plans get changed.  Indiana is out and I have to tell you I’m not sorry.

The last couple of days, unbeknownst to me, Bob has been mulling over this trip to the factory.  He did the route, the stops, found campgrounds/Elks Lodges along the way, calculated the cost of said campgrounds, figured the mileage, estimated the fuel costs and wasn’t happy with total he came up with.  Nearly two thousand dollars, round trip.

He explained how he saw things to me and I totally agreed!  Our rig is still under warranty, rather than go to the factory on our dime (ten dollars?) he found a dealership in Mesa.  I contacted the place, and yes, they could fix our problems they said.

I emailed my buddies at the factory and let them know that weren’t going to be coming after all and that we had found a place locally that says they could take care of us.  Of course I made sure that, if in fact, this dealership can’t fix our problem then we still have the option open for a springtime visit if need be.  I told then that since the problems we have are ongoing and well documented that it would only be fair to us.  They agreed.

So now, we’re staying here, in the heat.  We have an appointment to take the rig to Mesa on September 3rd.  Keep your fingers crossed that we can get things taken care of once and for all.

No comments: