Thursday, July 24, 2014

7/24/2014 The Kids Arrive!!!

(Damascus, VA)

Today, Tim and Jonathan and their families arrive for a four night stay.  They brought tents so that’s where they’ll be staying and we arranged for sites close enough to us that we could run electrical cords to them.

Tim, Shannon, his significant other of 21 years, their son Derek, 21 and their daughter Briana, 19 arrived around 12:30.  Bob was working the sites and I finishing up after cleaning all morning, so they got their tent set up and settled in.  We had an hour or so to visit when I had to leave to go to work for the afternoon.

We haven’t seen Timmy and his family since this week last summer.  Timmy is a tad bit more grayer, the kids a bit more mature and Shannon, well, she hasn’t changed a bit.

I hated to go to work but I had forms to type up and print and we are off for the next four days anyway to spend with our family.  I have to say, Edie and Ken have been just wonderful to us as far as time off is concerned.

I Facebook’ed with Jonathan and Brandi and they were on the road, on their way.  Even though we had just spent a long weekend with them this past Memorial Day I couldn’t wait to see them again.  Especially that little five year old they were bringing!

I was off before they arrived and had one huge disappointment when they did pull in.  I was so hoping that Brandi’s son Evan would be with them but he made the football team at his middle school and practice has started.  Brandi said he was torn about what to do but he has his team to think of so he made the right decision.

It was just minutes before I got my first hug from our little granddaughter, Jasmine.  Oh, that felt so good!  It wasn’t too long after that  that I got my first I love you from her.  She just melts my heart.

After dinner we sat around the fire for a bit and it was decided that chopping veggies could be accomplished and it would be one more thing out of the way.  After all, we all have a big ahead of us tomorrow for its then that we are taking a 17 mile long bike ride down the Creeper Trail.  Even Jas is going!

IMG_8690

Since Timmy and his family had their day start at three this morning and Jon and his family had a workday to get through before their four trip here, everyone was tired and we all turned in around 10:30 or so.

Our family is here and we’re on Cloud Nine!

 

No comments: