Tuesday, July 1, 2014

6/30-7/1/14 WOW! July ALREADY!

(Damascus, VA)

Our days off have changed from Sunday and Monday and to Monday and Tuesday.  It doesn’t matter to us one way or the other.  There isn’t much to do around here either way.

Sunday we spent doing errands and shopping.  Monday we went to visit Bob’s sister and spent the afternoon with her and her husband.  We ironed out some more details about our family reunion next month and I found that 4 more family members are attending.  I don’t know how we’re all going to fit into one family picture.

If you remember, we’re here in VA because my sister-in-law is battling lung cancer.  It seems the chemo is working and the tumors are disappearing.  Today we found that she couldn’t take her last round of chemo, her body just can’t handle anymore.  We would appreciate your prayers that the last round of chemo that she had had indeed gotten rid of the last two small tumors.  Its down to this from Stage 4.  God is answering our prayers so far.

Before we left, Sonny, our brother-in-law, went out to their beautiful vegetable garden and picked us some cucumbers and squash.  I miss having a veggie garden so much.

I’m counting the days down till we head for Delaware.  Twelve days to go until I see my mom again.  Twelve days until my next sub.  Thirteen until my next cheesesteak,,,,the cheesesteak shop is closed on Sunday’s I think, at least they used to be.  We’re only going to be home for a week and its not going to be nearly enough time.

Can you believe its July already???

No comments: