Thursday, August 14, 2014

8/12-8/14/2014 I CANT’ TAKE IT ANYMORE!

(Damascus, VA)

It finally happened.  I knew it was coming and I was fighting it but it got the better of me.  It happened at the most inopportune time,,,,and place.  I had a meltdown in the grocery store.

We went to sleep one night and it was raining.  We woke up the next morning and it was raining.

I used to enjoy the rat-a-tat of rain on the roof.  Now?  It grates on my nerves.  Fingernails on a chalkboard kind of grating.  I can’t take it anymore.  The next day it rained again, nearly all day.

We have to get off this mountain.  We have to go west.  We are both so looking forward to the desert where rainy days are few and far between.  We need sunshine.

It seems it rains at some point every day.  Even if it only showers for 20 minutes its enough to set me (us) on edge.

Tuesday, when we were off for the day, we went in town to run some errands and get some things done.  First on the list was to get everything needed to do an oil change in the truck.  We’ve found getting it done at the Ford dealership is just getting too expensive.  Our last one was well over a hundred dollars.  Bob was going to buy the oil and filter and have the guys at Walmart do it but after talking to them he lost confidence that they would do the job with care and do it competently.  This is Bob’s baby after all.  Well, we had to go to three different stores to get everything he needed to get this done.  Two to get enough containers of the oil needed and another to get the oil receptacle.  I had a list made of things we needed to get and I discovered that I didn’t pick it up off the table when we left.

Next was getting my nails done.  We went to the shop where I go and found that only two employees were working and they both had clients that were getting both manicures and pedicures and they had just arrived.  Much too long to wait on this day.

Next stop was to be the RV parts store.  We had an idea of where it was but we couldn’t find it.  Bob talked to three different local people and none of them had a clue where it was.  Bob was frustrated which only added to my own.

We finally decided that our best bet was to just go home since nothing was going right.  We did make one more stop at the grocery store and ran into co-hosts Buzz and Jackie in the parking lot.  I must have looked upset or down in the dumps or something because Jackie asked me if I was ok right away.  She then asked if I needed a hug and I knew if I had said I was going to lose it right then and there.  I told her no and said I had to get into the store and off I went.  She understood where I was coming from as we’ve talked a lot in the past few weeks.

Bob came into the store a few minutes later and when he found me he asked what was going on, what had I said to Jackie.  And why was I near tears.  That’s all it took.  The tears started and I couldn’t stop them.  Bob doesn’t handle my tears well at all, he hates to see me cry for any reason.  He asked if I was going to be ok and I assured him I was and that he should wait for me in the truck.  I couldn’t leave the store without my items because I was picking up things we were out of.  Bread, butter, potatoes, lettuce, all staples in our house.  So I put my sunglasses on and proceeded to the checkout line.  Take it from me, its difficult to go through the checkout line with tears running down your cheeks below your sunglasses.

Rain, constant shade and very little sunshine is not a good recipe for either of us.  Needless to say we are now counting the days until Labor Day.

No comments: