Wednesday, April 11, 2007

4/11/07 Tax Day for the Quinn's

I dread this day. Every year I dread this day. All the years I have left I will dread this day.

I've been going to the same lady to have our taxes done for the last several years. Shirley made our tax day bearable. She kept me laughing and I made her laugh with my creative suggestions on deductions I wanted to take. I really, really missed Shirley today! What usually takes me an hour to an hour and a half with her took me 4 hours with Bobbye today. Let me explain what the problem was. Texas does not have state income tax. (How cool is that?) Therefore they really don't know how to do them. In fact, this is the first year that each tax office does them in house. Years prior they sent them to one particular person who did all the state taxes that were presented in the state of Texas. With so many "winter Texans" here during tax time now I guess it was overwhelming for him so now each office has the software to do them as they are presented. Well, Bobbye, as nice as she was, the dear lady just didn't have a clue. I think I did more of the tax return than she did. Bottom line, we're getting a nice chunk of change back and it will come in handy.

From taxes we went to the Hundred Dollar Store and dropped well over a hundred dollars today. Our fax/scanner/printer died and we had to replace it. Add some groceries, beer, Pepsi's and few other odds and ends and it really adds up.

We got home and I made a chicken/vegetable stir fry for dinner, got the laundry we had done and started packing up for the move tomorrow.

A non-stop day to say the least!

I think the plan for tomorrow is to keep right on going when we pick up our rig after its bath. We're heading to McKinney State Park outside of Austin to meet up with our friends Rich and Jackie. They came to see us in January in Florida and now we're in their neck of the woods so we're going to spend a few days with them.

I don't know what our Internet connection will be, if any, so if I don't post for the next few days its because I have no access. (My scrabble withdrawal is starting just thinking about it!) I'll take notes of our doings and will bring you up to date as soon as I can. Take care all!

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

Taking notes... don't you just love Live Writer? No more notes.