Tuesday, April 17, 2007

4/17/07 The Ball Is Rolling

First call this morning was to the body shop to see if the insurance adjuster ever made it. The lady who answered the phone said that yes he had and he was still there when she went home. That was probably why we didn't get the phone call yesterday. Regardless, the claim has been approved and we are on a roll!

Bob and I went to the rig this morning because I remembered I had five pounds of potatoes under the sink and I knew they wouldn't last too much longer without starting to rot since the trailer is all closed up and no air is circulating. We gave them to a fellow in the body shop to take home. He said his family were "big tater eaters" so at least they won't go to waste.


The fellow at the body shop desk said that they hoped to have us on the road by Friday. There's no guarantee that will happen but they are going to do their best. As soon as a rig that was in the booth yesterday was done they were going to put ours in their and start taping everything that had to be covered. I really don't think they'll finish by then, I think we'll get our home back on Monday,,,,,but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Next thing we had to do was go back to where we had the truck washed and waxed the day before. We needed more of an invoice for the job to forward to the insurance company rather than a receipt. That was quickly taken care of.

We went back to the hotel for awhile because there is nothing to do around here. I read and Bob plotted our route on the computer.

Once again the chore of picking a place to eat dinner was upon us. Bob had checked things out on the computer and found a place in Beaumont. We read the online menu and it sounded good so off we went. It was on 11th Street and we went from one end to the other and couldn't find it. I went into a local business for help and learned that the restaurant had changed hands and names, and the nice man told me where we should be. So from Hoffbrau to Rocky's Roadhouse we go.

Our first impression was, "Oh good, look how many cars/trucks are here, it must be good". Our second impression was, "Oh god, its a biker bar!" That was the first thing we thought when we got inside and saw a women with a Harley Biker Babe t-shirt on over her ripped jeans with her studded belt and tattoos are on her arm and here I stood with my pretty pink blouse on, nails done and every hair in place. Quite a contrast.

So we are led to our table on the patio and were pleasantly surprised to find people in business attire and families with small children. Second impressions can be so deceiving.

Well, let me tell you, we had one of the BEST meals we ever had! Everything was perfect, could not have been better in any way. We took the time to talk to the young chef when we left to tell him what a great meal we had. The smile on his face spoke volumes. I'm thinking not many of the restaurant patrons actually stop to thank him but rather tell the waitress what a good meal it was when she asked if everything was ok. It was so worth our few extra minutes to give credit where credit was due.

After dinner it was back to our room. The rest of the evening brought a few hours of computer time for Bob and tv and my book for me.

We so want to be on the road again.

No comments: