Wednesday, April 11, 2007

4/10/07 Happy B'day to a VERY SPECIAL LADY!

Today is my mom's birthday! Happy Birthday to you, MOM!

I had every intention of going shopping a week ago and buying something nice for her but both
Bob and I are suffering from, what day, date, time, state are we in and time just plain got away from me. So I thought and thought about how to let her know we were thinking about her. We sent her flowers. I called the local flower shop back home and gave instructions on how I wanted the card to read. You see, my Mom does the Cryptogram every day in the newspaper so I made our greeting into a cryptogram for her to figure out. The young lady who took my order made one small mistake but Mom figured it out anyway. She seemed very pleased when I called her in the afternoon to talk to her, so I guess we did good.

It rained here this morning, not just cats and dogs but Great Dane's and Maine coon cats! We had just under one and a half inches in just under 6 hours. That's a lot of rain! The ground around here, what grassy parts there are in this park just can't absorb any more moisture. All the "lawns" between the sites are just saturated.

The sun did peak out today in late afternoon so we took advantage and went for a ride. We wanted to drive to the place where we'll take the rig on Thursday for its cleaning so that we'll know where we're going and not have to figure it out during morning rush hour. It's only 12 miles away, closer than we thought.

After we arrived home it hit me that I didn't feel like cooking so I suggested we go out to dinner. Bob agreed readily so we went to Pappadeaux's for seafood. We both had a very good meal! If you are ever in the Beaumont,Texas area be sure to stop there for dinner.

Evening time brought us more TV, a few games of Scrabble and online poker. People don't seem to come out of their rigs like at other campgrounds we've been in. I haven't figured out why that is.

So there it is, another day in the Golden Triangle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Snookie & Bob;
We met you at Hidden Springs (members only) RV Park. Looks like you have been having some great adventures.
We are having a great time and will be in Yellowstone in a couple of days. We are in Thermopolis, WY. Have seen some really neat things here and the hot springs are amazing.
Finally looked at your website, so decided to drop you a line. Hope you both are well and happy. Safe RV'ing to you. Drop us a line. Sandy & Richard