Wednesday, June 13, 2007

6/13/07 Our Awning Gets Fixed

Today the fella from the local RV repair shop came to fix our awning. A short while back the spring in the roller broke and we had both springs replaced today with the heavier duty type. It didn't take this guy practically anytime at all to make the repair, I think it took me longer to write out the check for the bill.


RV repair is something Bob thought about a while back and I think its going through his mind again since he saw what the bill was. We've heard from friends who stay in big parks that the mobile RV techs are always being called. This is something we'll definitely have to look more into.


Shortly after the RV guy left we took off for town. I had a much needed nail appointment and Bob needed a haircut.

This afternoon Bob puttered around the house and I went on a much needed grocery run. I wasn't lucky enough to get away from the Hundred Dollar Store with just a hundred dollars today, we're were out of everything!

One of my errands was also going to the bank. There isn't a branch of the bank we use here so I went to the bank that our paychecks are drawn on. Since we hadn't cashed any of our paychecks since we started this workamping job I had eight checks to cash. I went in armed with my driver's license since I was sure I would need identification. Imagine my surprise when I handed over the eight checks, half of them made out to Bob and the teller just cashed them and handed over a considerable amount of money to me. My jaw must have dropped because the teller asked me if something was wrong. I asked her if she needed my ID and she said, "No, I trust this is you." Wow, there's something to be said for small town America.

From the bank I went to the local Ford dealership to get a test strip for Bob to use to test one of the liquids in the engine he has to keep an eye on. I had money in my hand to pay for it and the service guy just handed it over. I asked how much it was and he said, "Nothing, I won't miss it." Another Wow!

Today we ordered a water filter for our rig. Even though we are using well water it seems to be "hard" as it leaves water spots when the truck is washed. We don't want all those deposits clogging up our water heater and other lines. Its always something.

We've been lucky so far with the temperatures around here but I fear we're in for some Missouri summer heat. The local weatherman says we'll be in the 90's for the next seven days and the humidity will start creeping up. I haven't felt the humidity everyone around here has been complaining about. Its been about fifty seven percent humidity and I think that's real comfortable compared to the humidity of the east coast!

After a dinner of stuffed peppers we watched TV for awhile and then called it a night, after all, tomorrow is our Monday and we're back to work.

No comments: