Sunday, June 3, 2007

6/2/07 Do the Weather Gods Hate Me?

Today I work a split shift, 8 - 1 and then 4 - 7. Those are the busiest times in a campground on a Saturday. OK, so the sun is shining, the skies are blue, a gentle breeze is blowing and I have plans for the 3 hours I'm off this afternoon. I am going to work on my fading tan!

All morning long people commented on what a perfect day it was. I mentally made my checklist of what I needed to bring to the pool so I would only have to make one trip. Book, check, Pepsi, check, lotion, check, cell phone, check and the list went on.

Twelve fifty on the clock, I am so ready to get to the pool. I finish up the task at hand and out the door I go. Pool here I come! By one ten it was pouring! The skies were nearly black with rain clouds and they just let loose! What the???? Where did these clouds come from? Is there a weather god up there rolling on the floor with laughter, sides splitting? I just don't get it.

Scrapped those plans and spent the afternoon puttering around the house. Back to work at four and by four fifteen the sun was shining! Again, I just don't get it.

Bob is finishing up the picnic tables and will be so glad when this task is over! So will I so I can post some pictures of him doing his jobs. I figured you can only post pictures of just so many picnic tables!

That's about it for today.

No comments: