Friday, June 15, 2007

6/14/07 Your Thursday, Our Monday

Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, its back to work we go. The start of another workweek is upon us. We have found that when our "weekend" is on Tuesday and Wednesday that it goes by just as fast as our previous Saturday and Sunday weekends. It does seem to us that our workweeks go faster working Thursday through Monday.

It was a busy day for both of us. Bob was busy making material lists for his upcoming projects and he and Dan went to the lumber yard to buy said material for said projects. Bob is building a little house type stucture to put the smoker used for cooking ribs in. This piece of equipment gets so hot I guess Dan would feel better if it was enclosed to help keep little curious hands away from it. I've gotten too close to it myself so I can understand where he is coming from.

The ice freezer certainly took a hit while we were off so I had that to fill. I can see why so much sold, its gotten hot here in Missouri. We're in a heatwave with days in the low to mid 90's. Thank heavens the humidity isn't up there.

Lots of phone calls came in today with people making reservations for floats on the river. I guess everyone is thinking of ways to cool off until our temps level off again.

From the reservations for campsites it looks like we're going to have a busy Father's Day weekend. It should help our workweek go by even faster.

During a lull today, Barb brought her photo album of their trip to New Mexico over for me to see. Oh my gosh, she had such beautiful pictures! I hate to wish our lives away but I can't wait for October to get here when we get to see that state up close and personal. She used a UV filter on her camera and it cut down on the glare from the sun so much that the colors of the desert really came through. I've put a UV filter on my list of things to get when I order the new camera I want. I'm debating on whether to keep saving for the new camera from our paychecks or just bite the bullet and take some out of our savings and get it now. Decisions. Decisions.

We watched the local news while eating our dinner of ribs that cooked in the crock pot all day. In St. Louis, a tanker truck that was carrying orange paint of all things, sprung a leak and dropped its load over a 3 mile distance. If that wasn't bad enough the paint sprayed up on all the cars and trucks that were following behind it and also the ones that drove through the wet paint. It seems no one could get a look at the side of the truck to see what company it belonged to and its license plate was covered in the orange paint so no one could get that either. There is now a manhunt on for the driver of that truck! We can really feel for these car/truck owners after our incident in Texas. At least we got the info we needed!

We have a family birthday we'd like to acknowledge here. Stephen, our nephew, is turning 30 today. Happy Birthday Steve!

That's about it for today.

No comments: