Sunday, February 15, 2009

2/15/09 We Go Visiting!

Bob and I spent the afternoon with good friends Don and LaVon. I'm sure you are all familiar with her name and her passion for dead trees.

This lovely couple is back in Arizona this year but located in the next town over, Eloy. We met them at their place at 11:45 and the first order of business was a tour of their new rig.

IMG_6404

Wow! what a beautiful new home they have! I didn't see one single thing I would have changed in the layout of their new place. It's just simply perfect! I asked them to trade with us but they wouldn't hear of it. With our friends getting new rigs....well, I want one too! Ya hear that, hon?

The four of us went into Casa Grande for lunch at Macaro's.

IMG_6378

We all had a very good lunch! We had never been inside this restaurant before and I wish I had taken the camera inside with me. Its very colorful and decorated very nicely. Next time, I'll take it next time. Don and LaVon treated us to lunch, thanks friends!

When we got out in the parking lot LaVon and I couldn't let go of the urge to add yet another picture to our collection.

IMG_6379

We each have several pictures of the other taking our picture as we take hers!

Back at their place LaVon and Don took us on a tour of a cactus garden in their RV park. What a beautiful garden it is!

IMG_6383

The people whose property backs up to this plot of land are the ones who planted it and take care of it. Each person takes care of the land behind their park model or rig.

IMG_6382

A Saguaro cactus that has seen better days!

IMG_6384

Cacti come in all shapes and sizes.

IMG_6385

All kinds of things have been added to the garden.

IMG_6386

Don and Bob strolling through the garden.

IMG_6390

IMG_6391

This burst of color was a welcome change.

IMG_6393

I wouldn't want to fall on this!

IMG_6397

This area looked like a bone yard! Animals that roamed long ago.

IMG_6387

Or so we thought. If you are at all squeamish just pass right on over this next picture.

IMG_6389

I wondered how all these skulls got there, now we know!

This pine tree looked so out of place!

IMG_6398

I was lucky enough to catch this quail running across the garden. Look just right of center.

IMG_6400

These people are really into bones!

IMG_6395

I can understand why LaVon and Don spend so much time over here.

IMG_6399

LaVon, taking in the sights of the garden.

IMG_6401

Seeing all there was to see, we headed back to their place where LaVon took me for a spin in the golf cart their friends lent them while they are out of the park for several weeks.

IMG_6402

Our afternoon together went much too fast but LaVon and I have made plans to spend some "girlfriend" time together the week after next. We'll go out to lunch, go shopping, get our nails done and who knows what else.

On the way home we passed this pasture of "snowbird sheep". They are brought down here from Wyoming for the winter months where they will eat the alfalfa planted just for them and in return they "fertilize" the field.

IMG_6406

This lush green field looks so out of place in these brown surroundings but it sure is a welcome sight!

IMG_6408

During the evening Bob settled in to watch some TV and I went to the Cantina to play a rousing game of Michigan Kitty with the girls. I did pretty good, I think I broke even and if I lost it couldn't have been more than a quarter.

A good ending to a good day.

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

It was the best!! We are so happy we finally got to spend the afternoon with ya'll. Can't wait for our "girlfriend" time!