Wednesday, August 19, 2009

8/19/2009 The Roof Is Done!

Bob finished up all the taping on the roof, he started the caulking but didn't get that finished. Bob works so hard to keep our rig in tip-top shape. I wish these were tasks that I could help with but unfortunately they are not.

So I do little things around the rig and I have been spending time on the computer. Too much time. Way too much time. I'll be glad when all this is done so that we are busy spending our time on the road and sightseeing.

We extended our time until Monday morning when we'll pull out of here for the last time. This has a been great base for us the few times we've been here now. Inexpensive, free laundry, commissary, movie rentals for $1.49 and the cheapest fuel around. By the way, we're paying $3.25 here on base for diesel. I can't wait to get back to the lower 48 for the fuel in the two dollar range again. It IS in the two dollar range isn't it? Somebody email me or leave a comment and tell me what diesel fuel is going for.

Have you all signed onto Classmates.com? I signed on about two years ago for my high school but not never got up off the fee they wanted for the full access to the site. You know me, Queen of Cheap. Well, they were running a special for $9.95 for a full year. Ok, I can do ten bucks. So I did and my classmates have been coming out of the woodwork! I've touched base with school friends that I haven't seen or talked to since the day we graduated or shortly thereafter. I went to school with some girls that turned out to be some pretty amazing women!

I dont' know that I'll be posting everyday between now and Monday. It depends on how much Bob gets done and if we have time to do some more local sightseeing or not. I just don't think you want to be bothered reading what work Bob has done, that I read or spent time on the computer. So until Monday, if I don't have something to really share, I'm just going to stay away. But watch out Monday, we'll be on the road again! Cramming everything we can into the short amount of time we have left here. After all, fall is in the air here already. We figure we've only got about another three good weeks here. After that the snow can fly. You know what they say, the first snowflake that falls on you is God's fault. The second snowflake that falls on you is YOUR fault!

Take care, who knows I may be back tomorrow.

2 comments:

Karen and Al said...

Will be interested in seeing where you will be going next. We have enjoyed your Alaska trip.

By the way, I don't know if you realized this but I have figures out your thing that tells you who visited your site, gets confused on my location. I have lately been "Abermele NC, I have been Moultrie Georgia (close) and a few times in Cairo Georgia where I really am. Don't know how that thing works but it's close. No big deal but in case you see cities and you don't recognize the people.

Karen

LaVon Baker said...

Karen, if you have an air card, that's the explanation.... the satellite doesn't say in the same place. If you don't have an air card, I haven't a clue. :-)