Sunday, April 18, 2010

4/18/2010 The Alamo & a Whole Lot More #2

I have to do this post in segments because we did so much in one day. Actually, I took so many pictures…..

The Rainforest Cafe

To pass the time until we could meet up with Bonnie and John we stopped at the Rainforest Cafe for drinks.

IMG_4526

We sat at the bar since it was lunchtime and we couldn’t see taking a table that family with kids might need. Besides, the bar was a street level and it would be easier for John and Bonnie to find us.

I had my usual soda and Bob had his usual…..

IMG_4529

I just loved the bar stools!

IMG_4528

I could hear all the sounds of a jungle coming from upstairs so I grabbed the camera and took off to check out the rain forest.

How would you like to have this next to your table while you try to eat? Make you a little uneasy maybe?

IMG_4531

Or how about a gorilla?

IMG_4544

There were beautiful, large fish tanks placed all over the restaurant.

IMG_4534

IMG_4535

It was here that I met Karla. She works for the Rainforest Cafe and she came over to me when I was standing there mesmerized by the beauty of the fish tanks. We talked for awhile and even exchanged email addresses. She’s reading the blog, so welcome Karla! I hope you enjoy the ride.

There is an indoor waterfall…..

IMG_4536

….and snakes that hang from the ceiling.

IMG_4539

Parrots live amongst the colorful flowers…..

IMG_4537

……and funny little monkeys swing from the vines.

IMG_4538

All the while your sense of hearing is overloaded with the cacophony of a jungle with a thunderstorm thrown in for good measure.

I rejoined Bob at the bar anxious for one o’clock to strike and we would see our friends again.

More to come.

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

We love the Rain Forest Cafe!
I found the Word of the Day! Now if I just knew how to pronounce it.