Tuesday, April 6, 2010

4/6/2010 On the Road,,,Again

Bobby came knocking on the door at nine, coffee cup in hand. We were up but raring to go and in my case, still in my robe.

A little while later, closer to ten, Shelly came over but we couldn’t sit much longer as check out was noon and we still had to get the rig ready to roll.

Within forty minutes we managed to get road ready and took a walk over to our friends place for hugs and handshakes. We said so long to our fellow RV’ing friends and of course took pics. So we don’t know when we’ll see them again, but we know we will somewhere down the road. Have fun this summer and enjoy San Francisco!

IMG_4383

We only had 99 miles to travel today to our next destination, Fort Bliss in El Paso, Texas. It was a windy drive and a couple of times Bob had to hang on the steering wheel a little bit tighter.

We did see this giant Roadrunner as we drove down the highway.

IMG_4386

I wish I had noticed it further up the road so that I could have gotten the tail in the picture too. A lot of metal used, that’s for sure. From this distance it I would venture a guess that it stands about 20 feet tall.

We arrived in Fort Bliss with no trouble and got into our space very easily. We’ll stay here for three nights as we have business in the area to take care of.

I was in El Paso when i was nine years old with my parents and my brother who just a baby. Being in the National Guard, my dad attended a school here that was about a month or so long so we came out with him. We didn’t stay on post but in a local motel that had apartment type accommodations also. Fort Bliss is growing and building is going on all over the place on post. I read somewhere that it just became home to a big regiment within the last couple of years.

1 comment:

Peggy & Bill said...

I hope you are having a safe trip! In some ways I envy you starting out for home. If it wasn't for the new park model, I'd be getting a little more ansy I'm sure. By the way, lately when I read your blog I have to reload each picture to get them to open. What's up? Anyone else having this problem?