Tuesday, April 27, 2010

4/27/2010 One Last Stop In Virginia

We got as far as Front Royal, Virginia today.

On the way I saw so many scenes that would have made fabulous pictures but I was with Mr. Speed Racer himself. To be honest, Bob is a very careful driver and doesn’t drive at excessive speeds but when trying to take pictures at sixty miles an hour may just as well be six hundred miles an hour. Especially when you just catch a glimpse of a mama horse and her colt just standing in the doorway of this big old weathered barn. It was a scene just screaming, PHOTOGRAPH ME! By the time I got turned in the seat and the camera up to focus well, it was a half mile back! Bob just doesn’t take well to me screaming, S T O P! So instead I get pics like this as we drive down the highways and byways. Ho-hum…..

IMG_4686

Traffic picked up significantly as we drove the beltway around Washington D. C..

IMG_4687

We couldn’t believe some of the crazy drivers we saw in this area. Cars passing others and just one foot past the other whipping in front of the car to change lanes. So many near misses! I saw one woman holding a plate in one hand and a fork in the other eating a meal while driving! Hey, there’s a time and a place and lady, this ISN’T it! I could have gotten a picture but I was so dumbfounded at what I watching I never gave it a thought to snap one.

We pulled into North Fork Resort in Front Royal for the night. This is Passport America park which means we pay only 50% of the going rate. In this case we paid $20.00. I can tell you I wouldn’t have paid the forty. This is a destination park, one where people would go for a week’s or two week’s vacation as they had the pools, the volley ball courts, a dozen horseshoe pits, mini golf and lots of planned activities for both kids and adults. That is all well and good and I’m sure its lots of fun but there is NO room between sites. Our slide out practically touched the rig next to us. I think if one sneezed your neighbor would say “God bless you”. We just don’t like being so crowded like that. But for a stay over for one night I guess it was ok. As it turned it we never saw our neighbor so I’m thinking this was a rig that is here for the season and the owners are home until the weekend.

One more day on the road…..

3 comments:

HelenM said...

#115000!!! It's me, Snookie!!! (signed Helen M. from Quail Run)

LaVon Baker said...

I love your 'ho-humm' picture.
You know, we should start taking pictures of the crazies behind the wheels. We were going down the interstate the other day and a lady had her mid-size dog in her lap with his front paws on the steering wheel. Let's do it.

Peggy & Bill said...

I just asked LaVon if I could borrow Don - he who stops to let her take pictures!!! Bill is like Bob when he drives or if I'm driving, he doesn't take pictures. Oh well, can't be a driver & photographer at the same time (although I have done that before).