Saturday, April 3, 2010

4/2-4/3/2010 More Packing and a Visit From Friends.

I’m playing catch up….AGAIN!

A couple of weeks ago I spent the day with LaVon. We get together for a “girlfriends day” every so often and we have lunch, go window shopping or picture taking.

Bob and I drove over to their park, Sunscape, so that I could meet up with LaVon and Bob could check out the hitch to make sure all is in good working order before they hitch up and take off cross country. Luckily, Bob did find a potential problem and was able to fix it before it became a real life problem to deal with.

Before LaVon and I went into town we took a walk through the cactus garden. Below are pictures showing the desert coming to life once again.

IMG_4289

IMG_4287

Can you see the bird in its nest? How (WHY) do they build their nests in a cactus???? Look dead center or double click to enlarge.

IMG_4285

IMG_4286

IMG_4288

IMG_4290

Ahhhh….the first one opened!

IMG_4291

Won’t be long now…..

IMG_4294

IMG_4295

Mexican Poppies…..I think.

IMG_4297

This is a bloom from the cactus plant that someone had dug up in the desert and Don and LaVon planted in a pot for their patio. Now how they are going to carry this all over the country remains to be seen.

IMG_4298

We finally got on our way and went to town and had lunch and then drove down to the section of Casa Grande called Old Town. Now I don’t know what we, or maybe it was just “I” was thinking, but when we got there we didn’t see a darn thing we wanted to photograph. Even though we had both been to this section dozens of times before I guess in my subconscious I was associating this Old Town with the one in Santa Fe and there is just NO comparison!

So LaVon suggested we just take a drive and see what strikes our fancy. Well, you won’t believe what struck our fancy when it came time to take a picture.

How about water pouring into a drainage ditch?

IMG_4302

IMG_4303

Hmmm….not your cup of tea?

Ok, how about sheep?

IMG_4308

Cows! How about cows?

IMG_4311

Not ticklin’ your fancy huh?

Wheat! Wheat should do it!

IMG_4318

Oh, we took all kinds of pictures! Mountains of cotton seed waiting to be processed, pictures of the gin mill itself, a ground squirrel and more pictures of irrigation ditches then you can even imagine. Pictures that bordered on the ridiculous almost,,,but you know what? WE HAD FUN! We shared so many laughs! I just love spending time with this special friend of mine. They aren’t coming back to Arizona next year but we’ll see them again, of this I have no doubt.

Other catch up tidbits.

Bob and I have been still doing the back and forth thing to the 5th wheel with the belongings we want to take with us. Its strange, its not like we’re taking everything in the park model with us, not by a long shot but because of the heat we find that we must take some things like spray cans that we don’t dare leave.

We haven’t packed all of our clothes, we didn’t bring everything but I had to pack for two seasons. When we leave the east coast in September we’re heading north to Michigan so they will be in cooler temps than Delaware. We’re also taking in North Dakota and South Dakota by October and we’ll definitely be in fall by then. Yes, I had to pack a winter jacket for the both of us. You just never know…..

Books, I had to pack my books. There’s just so much you might want when you are spending 6 months living and traveling in an RV. It is home after all.

Summer is arriving in the desert. We’re starting about 8:30 in the morning with the packing/moving and by one we’re done for the day because its getting warm. We’re hitting mid 80’s now and afternoons are spent at the pool.

Quail Run is really getting empty. Everyday another friend (or four) is leaving. I hate this part. I know its only six months till we’re all together again, but I hate it all the same.

We had a surprise visit this week from friends we made two years ago in the service department at Beaudry’s RV. Peg and Bill, who are living in Apache Junction during the winter months, dropped in. It was so good to see them again! I had helped Peg start a blog on the computer available to service customers and we’ve kept in touch ever since. Next winter we’ll go see them in their park…I promise Peg! Did I think to take a picture of our friends or have a neighbor take one of the four of us? Nooooo!

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

We did have so much fun! Remember when I slammed on the brakes and backed up to take the picture of the ground squirrel? Well, I think I fixed our brakes! They are now much firmer than before. If Bob says "no" don't tell me. I like thinking I fixed something. And thanks again to Bob for finding and fixing the potential problem.
We sure want to get up to see Peg and Bill before we leave.