Tuesday, February 7, 2012

2/7/2012 We’re Off and It’s RAINING!

Rain is in the forecast for every day of these next four days that we’re off. We are not happy about this as you can well imagine.


image


So we hung around the house today, playing games on the computer, watching TV, cooking, eating, reading, willing the time to go fast because we are bored out of our minds! We’ve promised each other that the first sunny day we have that we’re outta here! Out of this house on wheels, out of this park. We’re going somewhere where we’ll spend the day outside. In the sunshine.


We are in dire need of new pots and pans. Well, new pans, the pots are still certainly serviceable but they will be taken to the park model in Arizona.


Our local grocery store, HEB, has a chef that works in the store doing demonstrations every day. Since I almost always partake of his treats that he shares, I’ve spoken to him on several occasions. One day I told him I was in market for new cookware and asked what he recommended. He said that he would meet me in the cookware aisle and he’d show me what he likes and dislikes. HEB has quite an extensive kitchen area where all kinds of small appliances, kitchen gadgets, dishes, serving bowls, cookware and anything you could possibly imagine in a kitchen is sold.


He went over each type of cookware they had in stock from aluminum to stainless steel to anodized to Teflon coated and went further and explained the brands and which ones to stay away from. I had decided on a KitchenAid anodized ten piece set. Just my luck, they were out of them.


KitchenAid Hard Anodized 10-pc Nonstick Cookware Set


I researched and read countless reviews of this set on Kohl’s and JC Penney’s web sites. I checked these sites daily for their sales but this set never seemed to have the price discounted. Since it was the same price as the grocery store there was no advantage to buying from them.


I kept checking back at the store and the pots and pans were never re-ordered. I’m tired of waiting for HEB to get them in. So today I did some serious comparison shopping and found the exact same set for $30.00 less on Overstock.com with free shipping and no tax! That works for me!


While my mind was on pots and pans Bob’s was on red and blue lines on the maps he was using to plot our travel east when we leave here. He’s made a preliminary plan but it will change a half dozen times between now and when we leave. How do I know that? Simple, he didn’t ask me if there was something I wanted to stop and see or do on the way home. I do!

No comments: