Thursday, February 23, 2012

2/23/2012 Is That You Snookie???

We enjoyed a sunny day in the neighborhood today. Any day it doesn’t rain is a good one. We didn’t do much of anything today as Bob is still down with the crud.


In the later afternoon I decided to go for a walk around the block just to get outside for awhile. I didn’t get far, just enough that I had walked around the corner and was on the back road that our place faces. Just walking along, minding my own business when I hear, “Snookie? Is that you Snookie?” I looked over to a woman now getting out of her car and I know who she is and I know where I know her from but the name is nowhere to be found. She told me that she and her husband, who is now out of the car too, are going to be workamping here next year and they were here to check it out and pick out what spot they want to be in.


I had met this couple last year in Quail Run. In fact, we had talked quite often and now I can’t think of her name! Ugh, I am so bad at names. So we talked for awhile and she tells me they had just gotten back from Mexico with none other than George and Jo Becker, more friends from Quail Run. She went on that they were in the neighborhood at a local motel and would be leaving in the morning,


We bid each other farewell and I went home to tell Bob that his buddy, George, was in town. I thought for sure Bob would say to hop in the truck and let’s go see them but he reminded me that he’s sick and that he didn’t think it was a good idea to go visiting. I was disappointed because I would have liked to have gone.


Well, I sat here and ran through the alphabet trying to put a letter to a name that would spark something so that I could remember this woman’s name. Nothing worked. I finally called the office and told the manager that a workamping couple for next year was just looking at the site behind us and she replied, “Oh, you mean Ron and Judy?” YES! Ron and Judy, now I remember! That was going to drive me crazy if I hadn’t called the office.


I got dinner on and was waiting for the potatoes to cook when there was a knock at the door. I turned around and who’s standing there, none other than George and Jo. They had called Judy for something and she told them that they had run into me and where we were.


We had a wonderful visit for about two hours. We ate waaayyyy late tonight but it was so worth it to see these two friends again.



You just never know when you are going to run into people you know when you are a full time RV’er,

No comments: