Sunday, February 26, 2012

2/24-2/26/12 A Little This, A Little That, A Whole Lotta Other

We were off during this period and as usual we didn’t do anything because Bob is still down with the Texas Crud or whatever it is he has. He IS going to the doctor on Monday if it kills me, or him, whichever falls first.


Spring has sprung here in the Valley. We have temps in 90’s one day and the low 70’s the next. The rain system we were in for so long seems to have moved out.


We still have oranges on the trees.


IMG_0458


When I go to the grocery store I always have to park way in the back of the parking lot because of the size of our truck. As I walk towards the store I can’t help but notice my surroundings and the cars coming towards me. I would lay dollars to donuts that one out of every four cars has a long horizontal crack across the windshield. I imagine it is from the intense heat here in the summer. We’ll have to remember to keep the windows cracked the temps climb these next few weeks. On second thought, do windows crack due to intense interior heat? Anybody?


You may have noticed that I’ve added some more blogs to the list of the ones we follow. One, in particular, I would like to point out to you. Especially if you are new to RV’ing, a newbie fulltimer or are still a wannabe. The site, RVRoadTrip belongs to our friends Jerry and Cynthia (Bama) who are in this park with us just a few doors (sites) down. This website is LOADED with information on everything Rv’ing. They put their whole lives out there for you including how to RV on less than $1500.00 a month. Yes, it can be done, they’re doing it! Want to install solar panels? Jerry did it and gives you step by step instructions on how to do it. They even have a cute video about their dog but you’ll have to check it out for yourself. I’ll only say that I didn’t know dogs got embarrassed! (Look in February’s blog entries)


I’ve got several more blogs I’m going to add and when I get them up I’ll let you know. If you are an RV’er and write a blog and want to link to this blog just send me your link,,,,and I’ll send you mine.


As I mentioned earlier, spring has sprung here in southern Texas. Here is something I’ve never seen before and in fact never even gave it a thought until Bama pointed it out. I’m sure you’ve all heard of an aloe plant. You may have one growing in your home and when you get a mild burn or minor scrape or cut you might break off a piece and spread the juice over the wound to precipitate healing. I’ve seen dozens of these plants and have even grown one or two myself. What I didn’t know is that they flower.


IMG_0499


They haven’t opened yet but when they do the flowers will be orange, pink, red or yellow. These buds are still pretty tight so I don’t how long it will take but I’m hoping to be here long enough to see them bloom.


To tickle your funny bone…..


This is a story which is perfectly logical to all males:


A wife asks her husband, "Could you please go shopping for me and buy one carton of milk, and if they have eggs, get 6." A short time later the husband comes back with 6 cartons of milk. The wife asks him, "Why did you buy 6 cartons of milk?" He replied, "They had eggs." (I'm sure you're going back to read this again!)

No comments: