Wednesday, August 15, 2012

8/15/2012 Back to the Beach

(Wilmington & Rehoboth Beach, DE


Mom and Dad had an appointment at the eye doctor so I was on my way south around one o’clock. After lunch. After a Casapulla’s cheesesteak. Time is getting short and I have to get them in while I can.


On the way back to the beach I stopped at Walgreen’s to see an old friend. For those of you who started reading this blog from the beginning you will remember the name Tanya. Tanya was my neighbor and very good friend when we still had the house. Of course, with us leaving and her having a fulltime job with three kids as a single mom, well, time just didn’t permit for us to keep in touch like we wanted to. Of course she didn’t know I was going to stop by and was quite surprised to see me when I walked up from behind her. I got a huge hug and even had to ask her to let me go because I couldn’t breathe. Luckily, her department wasn’t busy and we had about 20 minutes to catch up. I’m going to make it a point to visit with her and the kids before I leave here.


I made a few more stops along the way to get fresh veggies. I love our farm markets and veggie stands. We have been all over the country and we just don’t see stands like we have here in the mid-Atlantic states. I will give kudos to Salt Lake City because I do remember one really nice farm market there.


This one that I stopped at today has a side business of woodcarving with a chainsaw. I know these things have a name and for the life of me I can’t think what it is as I type this. Anybody?


IMG_2845


IMG_2846


IMG_2847


As nice as it is to have some great one on one time with my parents its always nice to get home. I arrived home to find out that Bob has been having good luck with the fish. He enjoyed his time the past few days but was also glad I was home once again.

2 comments:

michael ultra said...

They look like Tiki Gods, to me.

Anonymous said...

totem? fetishes?