Tuesday, August 21, 2012

8/21/2012 Mexican Train Day!

After breakfast, Dianne and I were sitting outside under the awning when she asked if I had played Mexican Train this summer. I hadn’t, but knew that Sue, a fellow workamper, was home so I went to ask her if she wanted to learn to play. She jumped right on it and the game was on!


Sue picked it up right away and it all came back to Dianne after just a few plays. It was a pleasant day to be outside, sunshine and a gentle breeze. it doesn’t get any better than this.


We played the afternoon away and had to cut the game short because Sue had to go to work. We’ll finish the game in the early afternoon tomorrow.


I had decided to make a dish that I have only made once before for dinner. Bacon wrapped chicken.


Bacon Wrapped Chicken


The brown sugar, chili powder and garlic powder mixture the bacon wrapped chicken get rolled in just brings such a special flavor to this dish. Mix that with a squash/zucchini/tomato dish I make and a garden salad with butter head lettuce just made the perfect meal. If nothing else, we’ve eaten exceptionally well this visit.


Evening came and Dianne took a long walk to the top of the bridge to try to work off some of our dinner.


DSCN8200


(thanks for the use of picture again Ronnie)


TV and more talking and it was another day down.

No comments: